CONTRACT FOR DEED HOMES PINE CITY
Pine City is a city in Pine County, Minnesota.
The city has 12 city parks, which include two undeveloped parks (Cross Lake Preserve Park, Fawn Meadows Park); two passive parks, manicured but lacking recreational equipment (Meadow Ridge Park, Thomas Park); and eight active parks, with playgrounds and/or sports facilities, including:
- a community garden and a public fishing pier (Challeen Park)
- four ballfields (City Ballfields)
- three ice rinks (Hilltop Park)
- a public boat landing (Riverside Park)
- a performing stage (Robinson Park)
- a disc golf course (Voyageur Park)
- a skate park and a public beach (West Side Park)
- a Gulf War veteran memorial (Woodpecker Ridge Park)
Pine City serves as a shopping hub for such surrounding Minnesota communities as Askov, Braham, Brook Park, Henriette, Hinckley, Finlayson, Rock Creek, Rush City and Sandstone, as well as Grantsburg, Wisconsin, and each of their respective townships. Serving as a subregional center, Pine City accommodates a much larger population by day as residents from the smaller, aforementioned, surrounding communities both shop and work there.
In addition to a Walmart Supercenter, Pine City is home to three retail shopping centers: Pine Plaza, Evergreen Square and Northridge Center. Pine Plaza, located in the central business district, was Pine City’s first shopping center. It is anchored by an old-fashioned drive-in A&W All-American Food Restaurant, one of the few remaining carhops in the state. Evergreen Square is anchored by Dollar Tree and is also home to such stores as Radio Shack, Great Clips, and Subway (restaurant), as well as a Fairview Health Services clinic. Pine City’s newest shopping center is Northridge Center, located at the city’s developing northern freeway interchange, home to a Verizon store, a pharmacy and several service-related enterprises.
From early spring to late fall, a large flea market takes place every Wednesday morning at the Pine County Fairgrounds. Vendors feature everything from antique tools and furniture to fresh flowers and produce. A locally-grown farmers market is held seasonally each Friday and Saturday as well.
- ECFE/Community Education (early childhood), 700 6th Avenue SW
- Pine City Elementary School: grades K-6, 700 6th Avenue SW
- St. Mary’s School: grades K-6, 815 6th Avenue SW
- Pine City Junior High School: grades 7-9, 1400 Main Street S
- Pine City Senior High School: grades 10-12, 1400 Main Street S
- Pine City Area Learning Center (ALC): grades 9 – 12, 1225 Main Street S
- Vision School, Pine Plaza, 870 Main Street S
PINE CITY CONTRACT FOR DEED HOMES